Tuesday, February 17, 2015

Bic Velocity Gel Pens Review

Have you met the Bic Velocity gel pens yet? If not, you need to. Like, now. Like, yesterday. These suckers are pretty awesome.


I probably use the Velocities more than any other pen. They are my work pen of choice. Why? Because they meet all of my work pen criteria:
1. Work pens must be retractable. No caps. No leaks.
2. Work pens must be red.
3. Work pens must have a solid line that doesn't turn pink. Because pink is for girls.
4. Work pens must be semi-cheap.
5. Work pens must be comfortable.

Want to know how the Velocities stacked up against that list?


Perfectly.

My only complaint about them is that I've broken a few clips, but that's to be expected considering how often I'm clipping and unclipping them every day.


These have a molded plastic grip that is thick and easy to hold, despite its disappointing lack of squishiness. (You hear that, Bic? Lack of squishiness. Very disappointing. Do something about that.) The ridge dealio might be a little uncomfortable for anyone who grips their pens suuuuuper low, but I like that my hand isn't sliding down the pen as I write.


The color payoff on these is phenomenal, with no skippage whatsoever. The ink is bright, bold, and doesn't fade over time. There is a little bit of showthrough on crappy paper, but not enough to make the backside of the paper unusable.


The Velocities come in red, blue and black, (supposedly there are some multipacks with spiffy neon colors somewhere, but I haven't seen them) and are available in either the standard 0.7 or 1.6 "Bold" version. I haven't tried the bolds, but I'm sure they are delightfully thick and glidey for anyone who likes thick and glidey pens. (cough) The prices range anywhere from a 4-pack for $8 to a 12-pack for $6, depending on where you shop.

These are, without a doubt, my favorite work pen. What pens do you use at work?


No comments:

Post a Comment